Sunday, January 6, 2013

Last dose of Add Back!


Today is the night I've dreamed of and looked forward to for 6 very long months.  I took my very last add back hormone pill this evening.  My Lupron Depot should be cleared out of my system once and for all and I should go back to "normal" whatever that may be.  I had one period battling insurance before I could get on my hormones after surgery and it was pure hell.  I laid in bed crying and had to order my 10 year old sister pizza from my phone for lunch.  I pray to God I am not that woman for my new normal or I will question if the surgery was even worth it.  Heck I'll probably just go straight into giving into the hysterectomy.  No one should ever have to live in that much pain.  My mom has always said I have the highest pain tolerance possible ever since my back surgery.  I think it's just the fact I hate taking medicines that I deny it.  There was no denying it that first 2 days though.  It makes me wonder if I was worse off than I realized all along and it's almost like now that I'm diagnosed that it makes it okay to recognize the fact it's horrid.  Women will always tell you PMS is painful and awful but how do you really know what is normal when talking about it all is so taboo in society?  That's why I am here open like a book to share my experiences. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment