Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bad things happen.... now get over it!

Yeah that just happened.  Really?  Would you tell someone with cancer that they have to get over it?  Would you tell a paraplegic to get over it? No. You wouldn't because there's this stigma of what defines a chronic medical condition.  Infertility is chronic.  My lining of my utereus is not coming back.  It won't form a new shape.  I can't get pregnant having sex on a perfectly time schedule let alone one drunken time so no I won't get over it.  I'm sorry that you feel the need for me to expect sensitivity from FAMILY and FRIENDS is selfish and I'm raining on your parades.  Heaven forbid I expect simple human characteristics from those who love us right? 

How about shame on you.  I've prayed for you that you wouldn't experience a loss after announcing to EVERYONE so damn early without even knowing if it's still viable.  Babies stop growing pretty often.  You don't have to bleed to miscarry.  No one should have to go through what several women I know and love have experienced even after waiting to announce.  No one. No one should have to experience what I did at your grandfather's funeral and having random horrific cramps out of no where and experiencing what can only be assumed (based on details I won't go graphically into) as a loss before it was confirmed.  What have you done to be there for us???  You ridiculed us at Thanksgiving for shopping because we're trying to save money in every way possible to adopt.  It's all about family?  Why aren't you offering to help us fundraise if you're so family oriented???  Most of all why haven't you just been there for the person who has been like your brother as he has cried several nights and prayed for our situation to be changed? If you can't have a heart or a filter for me do it for him!

Bad things do happen and I'll still pray that they don't happen to you so you never have to feel the way that we do.  But this isn't a bad thing that happened once to me. It's a life altering condition and my situation is so extreme it plays a part in several aspects of my other health issues.  I could bleed out and die silently today and not have a warning sign.  Infertility isn't just about having a baby or not, it's so much more. Perhaps if you went to school or picked up a book to educate yourself you wouldn't have to be schooled by me on your ignorance. Lord knows I've shared plenty of educational sources to make people understand. 

How about you get over my justified hormone induced bad days instead?  Or try to understand.  Oh that's right that's selfish of me to expect it to be a 2 way street. I guess I forgot who the world revolves around.  Actually scratch that.  As you said sometimes we say crude things to beg for sympathy. I don't need anyone's sympathy that can't give it naturally and I sure as hell won't beg for it. Same goes for who we allow in our lives.  I'd rather be alone right now than have to beg people to be around us who can't offer it naturally.  Please don't bother setting us a place at the table!

0 comments:

Post a Comment